Community Impact Video Competition
VIFF and Vancity Credit Union, VIFF's new Social and Environmental Impact Partner, are excited to launch the Community Impact Video Competition. This new, short video competition celebrates amazing locals who are making an impact in our community.
The competition invites community members to submit a short film (max 60 seconds) showcasing the efforts and impact of a local unsung hero who inspires by example and makes social or environmental impact in the community.
NO FILMMAKING EXPERIENCE REQUIRED (could be a from a cell phone). Submissions are judged on community need being addressed, and impact of philanthropic effort.
A local jury will select the top three video creators and community nominees focusing on the story of the individual being nominated rather than the cinematic quality of the video.
First Place - $2,500
Second Place - $1,500
Third Place - $1,000
The individuals profiled in the submission will also receive a matching donation to support their impact work and the nominee in the 1st place submission will be featured in a short film commissioned by VIFF. The film will screen in advance of Vancity Impact Talks and events and at select screenings at the Vancity Theatre.
- May 1st - Film submissions open
- June 30th - Film submission closes
- Creators can submit their 60 second or less video entry via YouTube, Vimeo or any hosting website that provides private links
- Winners will be announced the week of July 23, 2018
- See the Rules and Regulations Document for all contest details.