Join the coolest Film Society in town!
Annual Membership fee: $2
You must be age 19 or older and a member of the VIFF society to attend most films at the Vancouver International Film Centre.
To attend films at the Vancouver International Film Festival, September 27 - Oct. 12, 2018, you must be age 18 or older (19+ at The Rio Theatre) and a member of our film society unless otherwise stated.
Under the laws of our province, only registered non-profit film societies such as VIFF are allowed to screen films that have not been classified by Consumer Protection BC. Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.
To attend a film screening at the Vancouver International Film Centre/Vancity Theatre (which may not have been classified by Consumer Protection BC), you must be a Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society member.
- Only members are permitted to be present at the place where a non-classified film is being exhibited.
- You must show your membership card at every screening. If you have forgotten your membership card, you may be asked to purchase another membership in order to be allowed into the theatre.
- VIFF is responsible for operating in compliance with the Motion Picture Act and Consumer Protection BC.
- By joining the society, you are entitled to attend the next Annual General Meeting.
- Membership is by annual subscription and is limited to persons who are 18 years of age or over.
- Greater Vancouver International Film Festival Society's mandate is the encouragement and appreciation of motion pictures as a medium of art, information or education.
- The Vancouver International Film Centre is a licensed premise. Filmgoers can enjoy a glass of beer or wine at our theatre. Our license allows us to serve alcohol to Society Members over 19 years of age only.
- Want to discover + save more? Get a VIFF+ Membership today.