Health and Safety Guidelines at VIFF Centre
The health and safety of our staff, visitors, and volunteers is our top priority and we will follow BC Provincial Health Officer (PHO)’s restrictions and guidelines to help make your time at the VIFF Centre as safe as possible.
This information is subject to change, so check back for the latest updates before buying your ticket or visiting.
Updated as of December 22, 2021.
In accordance with the BC Provincial Health Officer’s order, the VIFF Centre is currently operating at 50% capacity in the Vancity and Studio Theatres. Patrons are encouraged to physical distance and leave seats between themselves and other audience members who are not part of the group you attended with.
Proof of Vaccination
Anyone attending a film or event at the VIFF Centre must present proof of vaccination (2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine) to be scanned on entry to the venue and one piece of Government issued I.D. Your booster dose does not currently affect your Vaccine Card.
People from outside of B.C. must show their provincial/territorial vaccine record or federal proof of vaccination or the proof of vaccination they used to enter Canada, as well as valid government photo ID.
Engaging with Employees
Employees are instructed to stay home if they are feeling unwell, and will be sent home immediately if they begin to feel unwell during their shift. VIFF has offered all staff an increased number of sick days to encourage them to follow this guideline.
- We are requiring all of our employees to wear personal protective equipment, including face coverings and/or masks.
- Plexiglass shields are installed at all employee-facing points of sale.
- Employees will have access to gloves and must wash their hands at least every 30 minutes
Masks & Hand Sanitizer
- All VIFF staff and volunteers will be wearing face masks at all times.
- All visitors to VIFF Centre are required to wear a mask to be admitted. We ask that you wear your face mask at all times, except if you are eating or drinking in your seat. For patrons who have forgotten their mask at home, a supply of masks will be available at the theatre for no charge.
- Touchless hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the venue.
- A focus on regular cleaning of high-contact areas, such as door handles, counter tops, railings, elevator buttons, customer service barriers, and debit terminals.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms before, during, and after each screening.
- There will be extra time between screenings to incorporate these increased measures
- After-hours rigorous cleaning of the venue.
We recommend that patrons purchase tickets online (viff.org) in advance when possible. In the case that the advance tickets are not entirely sold out the remaining tickets will be available for purchase in-person at the Box Office before each screening.
- Online ticket sales end one hour before each screening.
- The Box Office will open 60 minutes before the first screening of the day.
- Debit and Credit sales are preferred, but cash will still be accepted.
- We request that patrons requiring wheelchair positions call ahead to reserve. The adjacent companion seat is also available to reserve. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at email@example.com.
- If you feel unwell, particularly if you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, we request that you please stay home. If you have purchased an advance ticket contact us for a refund. You can reach us at 604-683-3456 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are purchasing a ticket, line up outside the Box Office window (on the right side of our main entrance.) If you already have a ticket for the screening line up outside the double doors on the left side of our main entrance.
- VIFF Centre staff and volunteers will assist with seating in the theatre.
While in the theatre, we request that:
- You remain in your chosen seat
- You wear a face mask while not consuming food or drink
- We have reduced our menu options to speed concession transactions.
- Popcorn continues to be available! Other items include: Soft drinks, beer, wine and assorted cinema treats.
- There will be no self-serve stations and we are not allowing reusable cups.
- Hand hygiene signage is posted in the washrooms to encourage guests to wash hands for at least 20 seconds with warm water and soap.
- Thorough cleaning of the restrooms will be conducted before, during, and after each screening.
Leaving the Theatre
- We request that you take your garbage with you and dispose of it in receptacles outside the theatre.
- Please exit one row at a time starting with the row closest to the exit (on the main level and balcony this is the row closest to the back of the theatre.
- Maintain physical distance on your way out. Thanks for your patience and for respecting your fellow VIFF Centre guests!