Come enjoy some of the best cinema from around the world in the state-of-the-art, luxurious and comfy Vancity Theatre.
The Small Print:
- Unless otherwise noted, everyone attending screenings at the Vancity Theatre must be aged 19 or older and have a valid Vancity Theatre Membership Card. WHY?
- Please be prepared to show your membership card at the door.
- For all online sales there will be a $1 per ticket service charge.
- Vancity Theatre pricing, membership, passes and coupons are not valid for any listing marked RENTAL or for screenings during the Vancouver International Film Festival.
- All ticket sales are final. Refunds or exchanges will only be given in cases of technical failure.
|Adult||Student & Senior||Cinephile Member||Premium Member|
|Weekday Matinee (before 6 pm)||$9||$9||$7||$5|
|Royal Opera House||$22||$20||$20||$18|
|Opera 5 Packs available for $88 - Valid for one ticket for 5 ROH screenings of your choice|
|Host Melanie Friesen invites admired Vancouverites to present their favourite film. VIFF Social Club benefits apply.|
|Music Mondays||All seats $7 for Vancity Theatre members|
|Fabulous films. Unparalleled image and sound. Cheap seats.|
Unless otherwise noted, everyone attending screenings at the Vancity Theatre must be aged 19 or older and have a valid Vancity Theatre Membership Card. The membership cost $2, is valid for one year and includes one complimentary ticket to a Vancity Theatre screening.
Why? Similar to the Vancouver International Film Festival, most of the films we screen are unclassified (not rated) and, under B.C. law, in order to see unclassified films you must be a registered member of a film society. Also, Vancity Theatre is a licensed premise. Filmgoers can enjoy a glass of beer or wine before or after our screenings. Our license allows us to serve alcohol to Vancity Theatre members over 19 years of age only. We do not serve alcohol when screening films rated for youth.
BOX OFFICE HOURS
- The Vancity Theatre box office opens 30 minutes before showtime.
- There are no phone or in-person daytime sales.
- As a courtesy to the patrons trying to buy door tickets, advance ticket sales may be suspended until the day's show has begun.
- Double-bill discounts are available at door-only.
- Students and Seniors will be asked to present valid identification at door.
- Senior Discount for ages 65 years and up.
- Studend Discount for non-rated films valid for students attending a post-secondary institution.
- Matinee pricing only applies to screenings on Monday – Friday before 6:00 pm excluding weekends and statutory holidays.
- At just $14 for two films, the Vancity Theatre double bills are one of the cheapest (and most comfy) seats in town. Join our Membership Plus+ program and save even more.
- Double Bill pricing is not available for online sales. However, you can purchase your first ticket online at the regular price and get the double-bill price on the second ticket when you arrive at the box office.
- Double Bills are two consecutive films on the same day at the Vancity Theatre; rentals and Special Events (including the VIFF) are not included. Double bill and matinee pricing may be suspended for special series, like VIFF Repeats.