POSITION: DAYTIME PRINT TRANSPORT
DURATION: September 2 – October 17
POSITION: NIGHTTIME PRINT TRANSPORT
DURATION: September 18 – October 17 (approximate)
(Please note that some of these duties listed below apply more specifically to the Daytime position than the Nighttime position.)
To assist Print Traffic Coordinators with the receipt, processing and shipping of all films & videos being presented at the Vancouver International Film Festival
- Organize print transport space in P1R
- Review Filemaker to check for changes to system and that necessary Print Transport reporting functions are operational
- Receive films and update Prints database so that it accurately reflects the films/formats received; print appropriate reports and labels to accompany films as they travel through our system
- Assist print revisionists by organizing received films in revision priority order
- Recruit volunteers to work in department during festival
- Driving duties can include: picking up films from film distribution companies (CCDI) or from airport when customs delays become an issue, moving received films between venues for press screenings, taking films to classification board office for review/classification, and miscellaneous errands
- Familiarize yourself with various driving/errand destinations
- Coordinate between positions so there is a clear division of labour and a clear understanding of duties and responsibilities
During Festival: In addition to many of the duties listed above ...
- Move films to venues and between venues during festival
- Scrupulously track and clearly document whereabouts of every film to assure that they do not “go missing”
- Ship out films which need to leave VIFF to go to other festivals/venues
- Arrange switch-over of van between day and night transport
- Smooth transition of duties and information between day and night transport
Post-Festival: In addition to many of the duties listed above ...
- Return all films to VIFF office and make sure they are reunited with their shipping containers
- Ship out all remaining titles
- Give local films to Print Traffic so they may arrange for local filmmakers to pick up their films
- Considerable experience in Shipping & Receiving, computer literacy (Filemaker Pro experience a definite plus), ability to work as part of a team as well as individually without supervision.
- Experience in meeting deadlines and successfully dealing with a sometimes stressful environment.
- Flexibility to work extended hours as schedule and deadlines dictate.
- Attention to detail and documentation a must.
- Exceptional driving skills a must.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift 35mm film prints (25kg).
Please submit resume to Kathy Evans (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please specify in your cover letter whether you are applying for the Daytime position, the Nighttime position, or both.
Deadline to submit applications is July 18, 2014