Media Office Coordinator
Start Date: August 5, 2013
End Date: October 18, 2013
Application Deadline: July 15, 2013
Position is part-time for first two weeks, full-time for the remainder of the contract. The working hours are flexible. Some nights and weekends may be requested during the festival dates Sept. 26 – Oct. 11, 2013.
• Manage VIFF’s media office and offer administrative support to VIFF’s publicists
• Manage VIFF’s media accreditation process
• Manage VIFF’s media database (Filemaker Pro)
• Coordinate the creation and distribution of official VIFF press releases
• Assists in the co-ordination of VIFF’s annual press conference
• Coordinate and promote VIFF’s media screenings
• Manage VIFF media department volunteers
• Assist VIFF publicists in facilitating the media requests:
· Manage VIFF’s media screener library
· Assist in booking and communication with filmmakers with regards to interview requests
• Assist VIFF publicists with managing media at VIFF events (galas, special events)
• Assist in the collection of media clippings
• Excellent writing and communicating skills are required.
• Reliability, ability to work independently and as part of a team, and a professional demeanour are also critical success factors for this position.
• Ability to produce excellent work while meeting deadlines is required.
• Positive, friendly attitude; Adaptability and ability to balance several projects at the same time; Ability to take direction while also having the knowledge and confidence to offer tactical communications advice are required.
• Must be well organized and able to multi-task.
• Previous experience and/or education volunteer management a strong asset.
• Familiarity with Excel, Word, Constant Contact and database management an asset
• Relevant previous work-experience an asset.
To Apply: Confidential expressions of interest from qualified intern candidates should be directed to: Lainé Slater, Marketing Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, experience, and availability by July 15, 2013. We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those requested for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications anticipated. No phone calls, please.