Start Date: September 3, 2014
End Date: October 11, 2014
Application Deadline: August 20, 2014
Position is part-time. Nights and weekends will be required during the festival dates (September 25-October 10, 2014).
The VIFF Videography intern assists the Marketing Director in the management of VIFF’s video materials, including film trailers and original content. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- record special events and galas
- create DVD files of video content
- proper logging of video material for archiving
- producing edited clips for promotional purposes and sponsor activation
- all potential candidates must have their own video and editing equipment
- all potential candidates must demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- they must be able to demonstrate exceptional ability to manage details, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines and maintain a professional and courteous demeanor around filmmaking guests of the Festival.
- proficiency with digital video and editing software is required, as are impeccable organizational skills.
- opportunity to learn what happens behind the scenes of one of the largest film festivals in North America.
- great resume builder.
- great movie viewing perks and eternal gratitude.
- confidential expressions of interest from qualified intern candidates should be directed to: Morgaine Jennings, Marketing Coordinator, email@example.com
- please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, experience, and availability by August 20, 2014
- we thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those requested for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications anticipated. No phone calls, please.