Department: Development and Marketing
Start Date: September 3, 2014
End Date: October 11, 2014
Application Deadline: August 20, 2014
Position is part-time. Nights and weekends will be required during the festival dates (September 25 - October 10 2014).
Please note: This position is unpaid, but offers some great perks.
VIFF seeks Photography Interns for its 33nd edition. The photography interns will assist in procuring and managing VIFF’s photo needs including:
- photographing all special events and galas
- photographing Q + A sessions
- general Festival photography
- photographing sponsor activation under the direction of the Development Department
- compiling photographs for print and on-line needs.
- all potential candidates must have their own camera equipment (10+mp, digital SLR with off-board diffused flash).
- must be able to demonstrate the ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- must be able to demonstrate
- excellent photographic skills and technique
- exceptional ability to manage details, multitask in a fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- professionalism and courtesy around filmmaking guests of the Festival
- functional knowledge of Adobe Photoshop is required
- opportunity to learn what happens behind the scenes of one of the largest film festivals in North America.
- great resume builder.
- great movie viewing perks and eternal gratitude.
- confidential expressions of interest from qualified intern candidates should be directed to: Morgaine Jennings, Marketing Coordinator, email@example.com
- please submit your resume and a cover letter summarizing your qualifications, experience, and availability by August 20, 2014
- we thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those requested for an interview will be contacted due to the volume of applications anticipated. No phone calls, please.